Tuesday, October 28, 2014

WHY THE HARE AND THE TORTOISE STORIES ARE TREATED AS MOTIVATIONAL STORIES? – By MaddaliSwetha

“This one good lesson that where thought by my grandfather in my childhood days”.

About My handwriting in childhood:

In childhood, I do remember this incident which touched my heart. I am too sensitive girl in class where others are very good in mathematics subject and calculation part. I was unable to speed up with my friends (Peers) and you knew I live in India and Indian mathematics is each student favorite subject. Of course even I like puzzles in math’s that were teach by my math class teacher in school and tutors. In Hyderabad, you will find numerous tutors fell in each area and streets of city. In my perspective, Hyderabad is home for mathematics such as Vedic math, etc.

So, where my point is ……Handwriting…..Right. Yes, once I was very serious about my math marks and feel bad….i told to my parents…Dad and Mom I can’t do math’s very fast….and you knew math teacher is very fast and I was unable to speedup…..i decided that i will not go to school or escape or skip the subject……immediately my mom made call to her father stating that “swetha has become very naughty these days I will sent her to home in next Sanskrit holidays and she will help you in business but not in city or I will join her in hostel…..”
My grandfather stated in phone call saying ……..Swetha, Remember this sentence in your whole life my dear gold (బంగారం) baby. Started saying this story:

 THE HARE AND THE TORTOISE STORY
 
Once a hare saw a tortoise crawling slowly. The hare was very proud of his fast speed. Seeing the slow speed of the tortoise, he started making fun of him. The tortoise got angry and challenged him for a race. The hare agreed and he was sure that he would be the winner. The race began and quickly, the hare covered more the half the distance.


He saw a shady tree and decided to rest. He slept thinking that he could cover the remaining distance in no time and the tortoise would take a lot of time to reach the destination. The tortoise kept crawling in slow speed and on the way he saw that the hare was sleeping. He passed by him steadily. When the hare woke up, he did not see the tortoise anywhere. The hare felt happy and thought that the tortoise was still behind. But, he was too late, when the hare reached the finishing point, he saw that the tortoise was sitting there and smiling at his victory.

The Next day on-wards I am slowly practicing each sum and revising and scored good marks in mathematics. And my principal stated as “Among all the class - Swetha is the good student of the class” and from then other students in class stated asking and clearing their mathematics doubts in class.

The Moral of this Story: Slow and steady wins the race
Little Gold baby: Swetha (that’s me)
Parents: My dad and mom
Who is the person in telephone: My Grandfather? The motivator to the little girl.

My conclusion:

These hare and tortoise stories are very effective and efficient for motivational part for students as well as employees in office for management training.

The story concerns a Hare who ridicules a slow-moving Tortoise and is challenged by the tortoise to a race. The hare soon leaves the tortoise behind and, confident of winning, takes a nap midway through the course. When the Hare awakes however, he finds that his competitor, crawling slowly but steadily, has arrived before him.

In Classical times it was not the Tortoise’s plucky conduct in taking on a bully that was emphasized but the Hare’s foolish over-confidence. An old Greek source comments that 'many people have good natural abilities which are ruined by idleness; on the other hand, sobriety, zeal and perseverance can prevail over indolence.

So, do not take fast decisions in hard times in your life because Time Is God…..Time Will Decide What to do…Be good and do good thing in life.

More information:

Thanks for your comments.

No comments: