Wednesday, December 05, 2018

READ THIS BOOK: CHICAGO ADDRESSES – SWAMI VIVEKANANDA


This Book: Chicago Addresses Swami Vivekananda was published on the occasion of the 125th Anniversary of his historic address at the parliament of Religions, Chicago.

This books is the special edition

Published by:
Adhyaksha,
Rama Krishna Math,
Domalguda, Hyderabad -29

Printed in India at:
Sri Sarada Printers,
Hyderabad.

Main Content of this book:

1. The Background Story
A wandering Monk in search of the way

2. Response to the welcome
11th September, 1893

3. Why we disagree
15th September, 1893
4. People on Hinduism
19th September, 1893

5. Reviews of swamiji’s speeches at the parliament of religions.

6. References

My views on this book:

1. Sisters and brother of America in foreword page.

In generally in our National Pledge – we say all Indian’s are my brothers and sisters.

Just same with affection and he shown it in this form and stated sister and brother as he is an Indian Monk.

2. Page – 3, 

Yes, even I have seen his gallery sitting on the prominent rock.
You can read my journey trip to Kanyakumari here in my blog.

3. I have heard the word Boston so many times in English and Social book also information from my pen friends with educational magazines.

4. Page – 5,
With the help of Google (I mean Google search) see Boston in map.

What I got information,
Boston has many colleges with universities, also as called as a world leader in innovation and entrepreneurship.

This city is the one of the highest costs of living in the United States of America.

5. In this book swami didn’t explain anything about - How he travelled to USA in 18th century and in Gandhi life story book also - He didn’t explain about how he travelled to Germany.

6. This is like a small pocket book you can take and read anytime contain only 59 pages.

7. Page- 9,
Generally I know these 4 religions – Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Jainism and Muslim.  
But there are other religions such as,
Confucianism,
Judaism,
Modhammedanism,
Shintoism,
Theosophy,
The brahmo samoj,
Theosophy,
The Brahmo samaj,
Zoroastrianism

8. In this book, you will find some Sanskrit words like advita(Unity) etc,

9. Reference pages,
All words were in Sanskrit and which part is considered in these pages.

10. This book all consist of Vedas, Sanata, and Dharam.

Thank you for reading and viewing,
Maddali Laxmi Swetha

You can follow me at,


My Yahoo Email ID: Maddali_swetha@yahoo.com












Also you can find in Amazon Books:

Recently, my name was included in a book called - Student Leaders: Growing from Students to CEO’s and the first copy of this book is dedicated to me.

Presently, I am preparing for PhD. 

No comments: