Saturday, February 15, 2020

WHAT ARE THE THINGS LEARNED FROM THE REJECTION AND SELECTION AT INTERVIEWS - Bank of America

My personal experience:

I have uploaded my resume with details in Naukri.
  • I was studying 
  • MBA – ICFAI Distance Education in the year 2009
One day, BANK OF AMERICA recruiter called me in my personal mobile – I don’t like mobile or landline communication, I always prefer to communicate in written form like letters etc.

So, they said we have seen your resume.

you are selected for interview section from MBA field there was so MANY CANDIDATES FROM ALL OVER THE INDIA.

I went with my mother – Maddali Indira, when we have reached – they called me to come into this  building and floor number.

I was late because – Bank of America is too far from my house.

There were 20 CANDIDATES in MBA Uniform and I WAS IN PUNJABI DRESS.

They have asked me – Why you have came in this dress WHERE IS YOUR MBA COLLEGE UNIFORM?

I said in my college there is no uniform for students.

We have reached interview and it is going to be held within 10 minutes itself.

The man who called me – EACH EMPLOYEE called EACH STUDENT to attend the interview.

 The reception man gave a white sheet paper and he has given me to write the topic in essay form.  

They have given me 4 topics related to business communication related to present ONGOING NEWS IN ALL OVER THE WORLD.

I said I don’t watch BUSINESS NEWS CHANNELS.

He said try to gain and write something I will submit your paper for HR Recruiters.

While I was saying to my mother that I don’t know this topic – let’s go home I was little sad.

Immediately HR recruiters called all students to gather into the room.

They have given me - seat in last of male category seats.

After a second – One female recruiter came checking all resumes and short listing resumes from the reputed colleges candidates.

She said to talk about any SAD INCIDENT or ACCIDENT of your experience or how you have reacted.

So, one girl was saying immediately when there is a gap in speaking immediately she is saying – NEXT, NEXT, NEXT, NEXT, NEXT, NEXT…………….

WITHIN ONE MINUTE ALL WERE REJECTED only one candidate – A Girl selected, she studied in BUSINESS SCHOOL?

My Personal Experience - I was SELECTED AND REJECTED IN INTERVIEW in less than one minute.

This is was my personal experience how I have went and attended interview.

So, tell about your views on this topic or your experience related to interviews in comment section.

Thank you for reading and viewing!
Maddali Laxmi Swetha, MBA (HR)

You can follow me at,


My Yahoo Email ID: Maddali_swetha@yahoo.com






My Blog (Maddali Swetha Blog): http://maddaliswetha.blogspot.com/

My Other Blog: http://deccanvysya.blogspot.com/  (Deccan Vysya Patrika - Since 1937)

My New Blog (Maddali Laxmi Swetha Guide Blog) - https://maddalilaxmiswethaguide.blogspot.com/




My YouTube channels in the name Maddali Laxmi Swetha:

My other YouTube channel - Maddali Swetha Teaching classes:


Also you can find in Amazon:
My name was included in a book called - Student Leaders: Growing from Students to CEO’s and the first copy of this book is dedicated to me.

No comments: